Storage costs London
Looking for great value storage costs in London? You’ve come to the right place. With hints and tips on how to get the best deal, we hope you will find that Attic Self Storage represent the best value for money for personal storage or business storage.
We’ll help you find the best self storage prices in London. Before we do, please keep in mind that with property values as high as they are in London, rates can vary quite significantly between locations – so you’ll need to balance out the convenience of having a storage unit close by, with keeping your storage costs down.
Storage unit rates
Our storage unit rates range from £5 to £400 per week, plus VAT. That’s before any special offers or discounts, which you could benefit from (see below). There are no hidden admin or moving-in charges, it is just a simple storage unit rate.
You will need to budget for a padlock if you don’t already have one, and you will also need insurance; we offer both in store for complete peace of mind. Finally, although fully refundable, please remember that you will need to put down a month’s rental as a deposit, which you will get back when you move out.
Storage unit costs vary according to location and the size of the unit. We bill monthly, but our prices are quote weekly to make it easy for you to compare self storage prices across London and between stores.
Our aim is to offer affordable self storage with quality customer service at contemporary, clean and dry storage facilities, but remember rates do vary with location so our central London stores will cost more than those a little further out.
Our ISACA member offer will give 10% off self storage at Attic Self Storage to ISACA members, please let us know & present your membership details to reception.
Tips for cheap storage in London
- If you know you will be storing for some time, take advantage of our prepayment discounts – 5% off for storage of 6 months & 10% off for 12 months
- If you will be a long term storer, additional discounts are sometimes available
- Ask for value units – generally, ground floor units & those close to lifts are more expensive. Odd shaped units on the upper floors will be priced more competitively and bring your storage costs down
- We do offer a price match guarantee, so if you find a better rate let us know & we’ll beat it – but remember, it must be from a similar store, in the same local area and offering the same product
- Storage is a seasonal business. Winter is quieter, summer is busier. If you can, aim for winter!
- Around 75% of our clients end up in a different size unit to the one they were expecting. So, speak to us & let us help you get the right fit – we could save you a significant sum
- Think about how often you will need to access your storage, frequent access might entail renting a larger unit, or you might be able to “smart pack” and store items you are likely to need, near the front of the unit
- Downsize and move to a smaller unit if some belongings are moved out of storage, and save storage costs. We’re completely flexible & will always work with you
- A problem shared is a problem halved! Consider sharing a storage unit with a housemate or flatmate, to fill a storage unit and save money