1. Introduction and general terms
- what information Attic may collect about you
- how Attic will use the information we collect about you
- when Attic may use your details to contact you
- whether Attic will disclose your details to anyone else
- your choices regarding the personal information you have provided to us
3. What information will Attic collect about me?
4. How will Attic use the information you collect about me?
Attic will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- for “service administration purposes”, which means that Attic may contact you for reasons related to the service you have signed up for, as set out in paragraph 6 below (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service has been suspended for maintenance);
- to inform you of relevant offers based on the information you have requested;
- IP addresses are used to identify the location of users, the number of visits from different countries and also to block disruptive use;
- to analyse and improve the services offered on the Attic website. e.g. to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience.
Where Attic proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for your use other than as listed above.
5. How does Attic protect your information?
6. When will Attic contact me?
Attic may contact you:
- in relation to the functioning of any service you have signed up for in order to ensure that Attic can deliver the services to you;
- where you have opted to receive further correspondence (if you have previously clicked unsubscribe, requesting further correspondence will reinstate your subscription);
- to invite you to participate in surveys about Attic services (participation is always voluntary); and;
- for marketing purposes, unless you have clicked unsubscribe (see paragraph 7 below).
7. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
Attic may contact you for marketing purposes, or to promote new services to you. You may opt out of these services by clicking on unsubscribe. By requesting further correspondence from Attic after this time, you are reinstating your subscription and will be required to click unsubscribe again should you wish to enforce this.
8. Will Attic share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or as described in paragraph 9 below. Generally, we will only use your information within Attic. However, sometimes Attic uses third parties to process your information. Attic will require these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and Attic will require that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes.
9. Offensive or inappropriate content on the Attic website
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to the Attic website, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour the Attic website, Attic may use your personal information to stop such behaviour. Where Attic reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any of the laws of England or Wales (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), Attic may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school e-mail/Internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
10. How long will Attic keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with Attic.
11. Can I find out what personal information Attic holds about me?
13. Cookies Policy – Information Attic collects from you
The Marketing Director
Attic Self Storage Limited
500 Wick Lane